Running pic

Running pic
Yup, that's me!

Friday, January 18, 2013

What to wear.....

All packed for the Amelia Island Zooma Half-marathon.  It’s going to be in the low 60’s for the race and frankly, I’m not even sure what that feels like anymore.  I tend to get super-hot when I run so here’s what I packed to run in:
New pair of Athleta Hana 2-in-1 shorts – for longer, double-digit runs I prefer a short with a compression liner.  I got these during their recent sale and I’m not crazy about the color (purple) but they were cheap so I went with a purple theme.
REI house brand tank – also a sale purchase from this summer.  I know it fits well and breaths nicely – and it’s also purple. Or, since I just took delivery of a new Lululemon racer-length Sprint tank I could wear that – but it’s a shocking pink color which may clash badly.  I know it’s not a good idea to wear new anything for a race, but I have other Lulu Sprint tanks so I think it would be fine. Plus, I’m not a chaffer.
Nike Pro Compression sports bra – hands down my favorite bra.  I don’t care about lifting and separating – all I care about is not bouncing and if that means a mono-boob then so be it. There are on sale right now on the Nike website for $24 – down from $30 so it’s a good deal.
Balega Socks – love ‘em. I wear the no-show version.
SEP Compression calf sleeves – also in purple – natch.  I don’t need the compression – I just like the way they look and if it’s nippy out they provide a little extra warmth.
Brooks Pure Flow – 2012 model in wait for it……….purple!

So, basically I’m going to look like a grape.  I forgot to bring a hat so I may have to buy one.

Gotta get to O’Hare – wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment